9/27/10

Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Goat's Cheese

Isn’t it amazing how when life gets busy the first thing to go is eating? I work around food yet in the past 2 weeks, I have found myself ravenous despite food being everywhere. The irony that I feed people but forget to feed myself is not lost on me.


So upon some prodding from my mother to plan ahead, I decided to go to the Italian grocery to get the “plan” going. As an aside, I love the Italian grocery store, so many great deals and the deli is the best ever; although I could do without the 20 minute long queue and the deli attendant constantly correcting my pronunciation of Bruschetta, apparently it’s brou-sket-ah.


After perusing though a Martha Stewart cookbook, I decided to try a pasta- because I thought it would be fitting seeing as I was at the Italian center. Roasted asparagus, goats cheese, crispy crumbled prosciutto (an ad lib on my part), chives and pasta equals fast and delicious. Oh Martha, how are you so damned good?!

Roasted Asparagus and Goat’s Cheese Pasta adapted from Martha Stewart
1 pound asparagus, tough ends removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
salt and freshly ground pepper
8 ounces dried short pasta
4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 to 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
4 sliced thick cut prosciutto
In a large sauté pan, un oiled and heated to medium high heat, cook the prosciutto until browned and crispy. Once cooked place on a plate with paper towel and set aside.


Preaheat oven to 450°. Place asparagus on a large rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil. Roast until tender, tossing occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into 2 inch lengths.


Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil; add a generous amount of salt. Cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions.

Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, drain pasta. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat with the butter. When hot, whisk in the goat cheese, ground nutmeg and the reserved pasta water and cook until the goat cheese has melted. Toss in the cooked pasta and the asparagus. Taste and season with additional salt if needed. Garnish with fresh chives or parsley.

Note- I used white asparagus, which is why it looks like there isn't any at all.


Follow my blog with bloglovin!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha I feel the same way at the Deli there, which is why I make my husband do the ordering hahaha. Looks yummy! I love goats cheese, and Martha! Hope you had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you achieve that golden misty light effect on your photos? love it.

    cheers,

    *heather*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heather, shoot me and email and I'll give you some notes.

    biancaosbourne@gmail.com...look forward to sharing with you!

    xoxo
    bianca

    ReplyDelete